Who we are
TrueNorth Tehcnology Solutions, Inc. is a technology and management consulting solutions company. We’re combining Enterprise and Agile methods and technologies to transform our customers’ businesses. We have specific expertise in industries including Financial Services, Health Sciences, Insurance and Hospitality.
Why work here
In short, we offer an energetic and creative environment full of great people doing big things. Every single member of our team exudes awesomeness and is hardcore at what we do. Right now, we are building a development team in downtown Orlando for a hybrid Extjs/Rails product. The back end is a Rails application stack that includes an open source CMS, ERP functions and an evolving cloud-friendly rapid development toolkit. The front end is a combination of Sencha HTML5 clients and the CMS. The core framework is derived from the patterns and archetypes found in works like Len Silverston’s excellent Data Model Resource Books and Arlow/Neustadt’s MDA/Archetype work.
We are seeking a driven software engineer that wants to build world class business software. They should be able to work productively in a team environment and a solo environment as needed. They should have great communication skills and are not afraid to express thier ideas.
- 3+ years of Ruby on Rails development experience
- Utilize full Ruby on Rails ecosystem: gems, git, testing and PaaS
- Demonstrable experience building world-class, consumer web applications
- Write application-tier code, connecting UI to our backend and third-party system
- Design Patterns (Gof)
- Relational Modeling and RDBMS technology concepts
- Cordova Development Experience
- AWS Experience a plus
We are looking for a dynamic and self motivated Technical Project Manager who is ready to take on new challenges. You will be responsible for project management, project planning, developing budgets, tracking, reporting, scope management, project schedules, staffing, team management, coaching, client interfacing, communication, requirements management, risk management, process improvement. Having very good working knowledge of web, database and mobile technologies such as HTML, Ruby on Rails and SQL is a must. Having experience in agile methodologies is must. Having experience in project cost estimation is must.
- Thorough understanding and working experience in all phases of SDLC
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills
- Project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, reporting
- Team management, leading, coaching, appraising teams
- Consult with clients to determine their needs and priorities
- Agile methodology
- Providing Technical Sales Support